Saturday, April 03, 2010


So why post? Why put your private thoughts out there in the void for others to read? I’ve wondered about that and decided after about three years of silence, I post so I can point others to my notes. Some will not read NFA but that is OK. Others will read and scoff at my ramblings but that is OK too. However there may be someone out there who wonders what has become of me over the years. They may have lost touch and prefer to keep it that way. Perhaps they are too shy to take up with talking or writing to me? It doesn’t matter. If I have lost you over the years or decades it was never my intention to do so. I have always been a wanderer: rarely living in one place more than a few years, and yearning for new places and people; always looking for new jobs, homes, friends, coworkers, towns, cities, and states is in my blood. My parents were the same way. So if you wonder what has happened to me, blame it on my nomadic ways.

However, all that history of tramping across the country came to an end with a wonderful woman called Kristy. We have been married for twelve years and together for eighteen. We live in a bucolic paradise on a hill overlooking the Yamhill river valley. It’s a refuge from our hectic professional life in Portland, Oregon. Having a sanctuary is worth the drive. Not seeing and rarely hearing our neighbors is a pleasure we happily enjoy.

Now, to put a log on the fire and get comfortable with a one of my books.