Saturday, April 03, 2010

On Bowkowski and Me


I seem to be having this fear of writing illness. You would think with all the thoughts rattling around my head there would be plenty to say. And I do have those moody, radical, even absurd thoughts to be sure. So, why this introspection? I watched Factotum tonight on Netflix. It is a film loosely based on Charles Bowkowski’s life. We are to believe he was a womanizing drunk who had little if any redeeming value to society. But, he was still a writer who achieved some fame and that may be the message in the film. No matter what the writer is in real life, his work is what matters to the rest of us. Of course if you do an autobiography and it sells and then is turned into an art film so much the better. The flick must make every struggling writer yearning for fame and fortune grind their teeth.

Got a few Motoblurs with the Android OS for me and Kristy. Cool. I set it up to sync with my Outlook calendar and contacts. If only it would do the same with my Notes and To Do list. Maybe that will be coming with an update? Hope so.